The blog of a 22 year old woman who rarely knows what she's doing.
- DERPY, I LOVE YOOOOUUUUU!!! But no, seriously, sweetheart, don’t break curtain.
- I actually don’t have much at all to say. The story is engaging, and any oddities can be chalked up to the narrative.
- "Windigos"? Like, Supernatural, season 1 episode 2, Wendigo? Nice.
- POWER OF FRIENDSHIP. Also, I LOVE YOU FLUTTERSHY! “I don’t hate you. I actually hate Commander Hurricane a lot more than I hate you guys.” You’re just the sweetest thing, Fluttershy.
- Got kinda weak and cheesy near the
- Looks like a Cutie Mark Crusaders episode. Yyyaaaayyyyy…
- Darn it. I actually feel for you guys, what with Mr. Background Character succeeding and you guys failing. I know that “Can I just be bummed out for now, please?” feel.
- LISTEN TO THE PONIES, CHILDREN: WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BUMMED OUT, EAT SUGARY, FATTENING TREATS. AS LONG AS YOU EAT SUGAR, YOU WON’T FEEL BAD. ALWAYS TURN TO THE CUPCAKES IN YOUR DESPAIR. #positivemessagesforkids
- Girl, I know that “This won’t cheer me up, please just leave me alone” feel.
- Whoa there, sweetie! Just because you’re in a bad mood, that doesn’t mean you should go to one of the scariest and most dangerous established locales to be bummed. Be bummed in a nice, safe, comfortable place. (Okay, I’m assuming that some of the terrors of the Everfree Forest have been stripped away since it’s introduction, but still—she’s just a little filly!
- Also, bad friendship there, buckos! You don’t let your girlfriend head off into a not-okay area and then just shrug like “Oh well—maybe Edward Cullen will drive up to save her from the gang who just wants to know where she’s going.”
- Way to go, Zecora, telling her “I know that feel, girl.” (Essentially. It’s what I heard.)
- Thank Celestia (or whatever Pony deity you wish) for supernatural dentistry. Imagine the jokes if the outskirts-of-town farming class girl with the hick accent were the one with the chipped tooth! It would be gross stereotyping!
- I’M SORRY, ZECORA, I COULDN’T HEAR YOUR POINTLESS SPEECH ABOUT THE IRRELEVANT SINGLE PARENT HOUSEHOLD OF THE ROOSTER OVER THE SOUND OF THAT PLOT POINT FLOWER. COULD YOU EXPOSIT OVER IT A LITTLE BIT LOUDER, PLEASE?
- It’s just so adorable how proudly you’re waving your butt in the air, I can’t comment on it, Apple Bloom.
- WOW! What an irrelevant and pointless thing to excitedly base the rest of your life on! Hula-hooping! I hope you can find a career path where that’s useful that doesn’t involve stripper poles. (Perhaps rhythmic gymnastics? That appears to be a big deal in anime and manga.)
- I can’t say I have firsthand experience, but I’m going to assume that plate-spinning is not an in-demand skill set at places with stripper poles. Congratulations! You now qualify for Rodeo Clown! I’m not sure if that is a promotion. But hey, in a world of ponies, maybe rodeos are a more glamorous affair. (The country girl goes on to become a rodeo clown? Now I am stereotyping.)
- I see you there, Spike, “appreciating” that coiffure to Twilight’s bangs. Don’t go thinking that way about your boss—it’ll only make things more complicated. Besides, I ship a more grown-up you with Rarity.
- Aw, lookit that—Big Macintosh happens to have magic
fingershoof-tips. Regardless of who I’m shipping you with right now, she’s one lucky mare.
- RODEO CIRCUIT. I’M NOT STEREOTYPING, THEY ARE.
- Congratulations, Apple Jack. Your sister is posessed. Just get your local priest from the Cult of Celestia (pun narrowly avoided) and get the
DevilDiscord cast outta her.
- Spike. I saw the way you looked at Twilight before you gave your response. Shame on you. And don’t give a pony the come-hither when you’re perched on her rump. It’s just bad manners.
- SPEAKING IN TONGUES. YOU DON’T NEED TWILIGHT’S HEATHEN SCIENCE. YOU NEED TO GET THAT GIRL SOME SWEET MAGICAL
SCIENCEMAGIC. Magic. I meant magic. Inject that girl with some magic. And friendship. Or pony religion. THAT WAS MY OPENING VEIN. CAST THE DEVILDISCORD OUT OF HER, SHE’S SPEAKING IN TONGUES.
- Witchdoctor. Close enough. This episode it full of stereotypes.
- My, it’s convenient how many of these things just line up to be interacted with as soon as the appropriate cutie mark appears! Random lions, in the streets!
- Spike, if you had been at the beginning of the movie Contagion, there would have been no movie.
- And Zecora hasn’t forgotten your
racism xenophobia fear of that which is differentthat one thing that happened during her introduction episode. All of the stereotypesNothing bad ever happens in Ponyville!
- Ponies in Haz-Mat masks. That may be one of my favorite things.
- Your ground is gray-green. Good planting earth is dark brown, or black.Seriously. You expect me to believe that a farmer is just going to plant willy-nilly like that, if she expects these things to grow? Especially when there are window boxes and planters all around. It’s almost like this show was made for children and notover-analytical English Ed majors.
- PINKIE PIE I LOVE YOU FIVE-EVAH.
- Your seeds aren’t growing because of lack of truth. Your seeds refuse to grow because of poor agricultural practices.
- LOOK AT THAT TOWN! Look how gleefully they listen to Apple Bloom expressing the most humiliating and shameful event of her (short) life! Like piranhas with chum! You all make me sick, you hear me, sick! Enjoy your foul gossip.
- Aw, look at that honest confession, remorse, and expression of regret! You’re just darling, you know that? (WHAT? APOLOGIES GET AT MY HEART, OKAY?)
- Apple Bloom, Girl, you are wise beyond you years.
- …Is this an instant retcon? I’m confused. I-I think I want to act like they didn’tgo straight back to annoying me.
- So Rarity snubbed the last episode to prepare for her role in her Limelight episode? Gosh, what a prima donna, and what an in-character choice.
- Sweetie Bell, you remind me of a quote by Joss Whedon: “Always be yourself, unless you self sucks.” You really, really suck sweetheart. Apply yourself elsewhere.
- What the heck—Rarity has parents?
- Rarity, a good sister is a mentor. Gtfo with your OCD and perfectionism, and lighten up! You’ll drive your sister to be a mess with some kind of condition that ends in -nervosaat this rate.
- I know that “I’m so bored” feel, sweetie. I know that feel.
- RARITY. YOU BITCH. YOU MADE YOUR LITTLE SISTER—YOU MADE ANYONEASK “Can’t I do anything right?” GTFO UNTIL YOU LEARN YOUR DAMN FRIENDSHIP LESSON.
- Rarity. I understand that it frakking sucks to have all your work gone. All your pre-writing deleted, so to speak. I understand. I know that feel. But you are making my heart sad with the way you are handling this. With how you talk to your sister. With the way you explode and then repress. With your passive-aggressive “hmph.” You’ve making me sadjust like you’re making Sweetie Bell sad.
- 9:10 seconds, they are disowning one another as sisters, and I’m so sad I can almost feel tears. Guys. You’re technicolor ponies. You’re not supposed to make me feel all these feels. Rarity, stop being such a snob and a bitch. Sweetie Bell is just trying as hard as she can. I understand your frustrations, but seriously: you’ve got to be the big girl here.
- APPLEJACK, I’m not typically a huge fan of you, but you’ve seriously shot up like 50 favorite points or whatever. I’m not sure what your new ranking is, but I freaking love you now. Rarity made my heart hurt with all these feels, and you made me feel better. *huggle*
- Lookit that. Sweetie Bell has Bad Sister PTSD, and is surprised by the concept of Good Sisterhood. Really screwed the pooch on that one, huh Rarity?
- Rarity: “BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH ME ME ME ME ME ME WHINE BITCH BITCH NEVER MY FAULT, I AM AN OBLIVIOUS BITCH.”
The Fandom: Well, I dunno, maybe you coulda bitched at her, how about that? That’s all you appear to be good for these days. Huh? Used your bitch-fu on her? Rarity, the Mistress od Bitching, that’s what they should call you. …Seriously, five ancient sages of Bitchdom all gathered together one day on the peaks of Mount BITCH to proclaim your birth. And a hundred years later when all the bitch stars had aligned, you were born and made everybody’s life around you a living hell, BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH!
- I like how Applejack slammed the corral door on that lamb’s face. That made me happy.
- CRY YOUR TEARS OF SHAME, BITCH, CRY UNTIL YOU CAN’T CRY NO MORE.
- Still a self-absorbed, melodramatic prima donna. I don’t know if I’ll be able to forgive you, Rarity.
- "Celestia as my witness…" Further evidence that Celestia and Luna are pagan dieties.
- WAY TO GO, SWEETIE BELL! YOU SHUN THAT SELF-RIGHTEOUS WITCH! (What? By now the b-word is WAY over-used.)
- "Applejack, why do you have to be so good, and make me look so bad?" Luna, I hate you, Rarity. (See? I used Pony-speak there. I invoked the name of one of their gods.)
- Apple Bloom, I think I love you. I love how you’re still delightfully possessive, but you’re still willing to share. You’re just adorable.
- I love that the Main Character and Secondary Character lost to the Background Characters in the Big Race. I just love that.
- Huh. What a twist. And I’m sure that running this one race together will fix everything, and there are no deep-seated personality problems which will persist into the future.
So. The issue of bad siblinghood kind of gets to me. Also, Rarity gets to me. She hasn’t atoned, in my opinion. I suppose I’ll just have to watch to see if she has actually had character development, or if this whole fiasco was worth nothing.