Blogging MLP: Season 2 Episode 12
- DERPY, I LOVE YOOOOUUUUU!!! But no, seriously, sweetheart, don’t break curtain.
- I actually don’t have much at all to say. The story is engaging, and any oddities can be chalked up to the narrative.
- “Windigos”? Like, Supernatural, season 1 episode 2, Wendigo? Nice.
- POWER OF FRIENDSHIP. Also, I LOVE YOU FLUTTERSHY! “I don’t hate you. I actually hate Commander Hurricane a lot more than I hate you guys.” You’re just the sweetest thing, Fluttershy.
- Got kinda weak and cheesy near the
Blogging MLP: Season 2 Episode 5 (Disclaimer: Strong Language In Post. Most Un-Ponylike of Me.)
- So Rarity snubbed the last episode to prepare for her role in her Limelight episode? Gosh, what a prima donna, and what an in-character choice.
- Sweetie Bell, you remind me of a quote by Joss Whedon: “Always be yourself, unless you self sucks.” You really, really suck sweetheart. Apply yourself elsewhere.
- What the heck—Rarity has parents?
- Rarity, a good sister is a mentor. Gtfo with your OCD and perfectionism, and lighten up! You’ll drive your sister to be a mess with some kind of condition that ends in -nervosaat this rate.
- I know that “I’m so bored” feel, sweetie. I know that feel.
- RARITY. YOU BITCH. YOU MADE YOUR LITTLE SISTER—YOU MADE ANYONEASK “Can’t I do anything right?” GTFO UNTIL YOU LEARN YOUR DAMN FRIENDSHIP LESSON.
- Rarity. I understand that it frakking sucks to have all your work gone. All your pre-writing deleted, so to speak. I understand. I know that feel. But you are making my heart sad with the way you are handling this. With how you talk to your sister. With the way you explode and then repress. With your passive-aggressive “hmph.” You’ve making me sadjust like you’re making Sweetie Bell sad.
- 9:10 seconds, they are disowning one another as sisters, and I’m so sad I can almost feel tears. Guys. You’re technicolor ponies. You’re not supposed to make me feel all these feels. Rarity, stop being such a snob and a bitch. Sweetie Bell is just trying as hard as she can. I understand your frustrations, but seriously: you’ve got to be the big girl here.
- APPLEJACK, I’m not typically a huge fan of you, but you’ve seriously shot up like 50 favorite points or whatever. I’m not sure what your new ranking is, but I freaking love you now. Rarity made my heart hurt with all these feels, and you made me feel better. *huggle*
- Lookit that. Sweetie Bell has Bad Sister PTSD, and is surprised by the concept of Good Sisterhood. Really screwed the pooch on that one, huh Rarity?
- Rarity: “BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH ME ME ME ME ME ME WHINE BITCH BITCH NEVER MY FAULT, I AM AN OBLIVIOUS BITCH.”
The Fandom: Well, I dunno, maybe you coulda bitched at her, how about that? That’s all you appear to be good for these days. Huh? Used your bitch-fu on her? Rarity, the Mistress od Bitching, that’s what they should call you. …Seriously, five ancient sages of Bitchdom all gathered together one day on the peaks of Mount BITCH to proclaim your birth. And a hundred years later when all the bitch stars had aligned, you were born and made everybody’s life around you a living hell, BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH!
- I like how Applejack slammed the corral door on that lamb’s face. That made me happy.
- CRY YOUR TEARS OF SHAME, BITCH, CRY UNTIL YOU CAN’T CRY NO MORE.
- Still a self-absorbed, melodramatic prima donna. I don’t know if I’ll be able to forgive you, Rarity.
- “Celestia as my witness…” Further evidence that Celestia and Luna are pagan dieties.
- WAY TO GO, SWEETIE BELL! YOU SHUN THAT SELF-RIGHTEOUS WITCH! (What? By now the b-word is WAY over-used.)
- “Applejack, why do you have to be so good, and make me look so bad?” Luna, I hate you, Rarity. (See? I used Pony-speak there. I invoked the name of one of their gods.)
- Apple Bloom, I think I love you. I love how you’re still delightfully possessive, but you’re still willing to share. You’re just adorable.
- I love that the Main Character and Secondary Character lost to the Background Characters in the Big Race. I just love that.
- Huh. What a twist. And I’m sure that running this one race together will fix everything, and there are no deep-seated personality problems which will persist into the future.
So. The issue of bad siblinghood kind of gets to me. Also, Rarity gets to me. She hasn’t atoned, in my opinion. I suppose I’ll just have to watch to see if she has actually had character development, or if this whole fiasco was worth nothing.
Blogging MLP: Season 2 Episode 3
- The return of annal-retentive Twilight Sparkle. Gosh, didn’t I miss you. Please, stay as long as you like with your OCD and your freakouts over nothing as you forget the basics that you’ve learned so far.*
- I wonder if today’s lesson is “Sometimes friends need to help you.”
- Or maybe the lesson is “Hey, sometimes things are just okay, and you shouldn’t spazz out and borrow trouble.
- Screw you, talking about Fluttershy in that dismissive way! How dare you look down on her, especially to suit your own purposes! You just watch her clobber that bear! Sit and watch.
- Sweetie, as an English Education Major, I’m going to tell you something fantastic: one of the best skills you will ever learn is how to BS an essay. It’s particularly easy if you’re already good at writing. You just make stuff up. Sure, it won’t be up to par with your other work, but hey! What’s one sub-par letter. You value being a good student? You learn how to BS a paper every now and then.**
- WHY SO SERIOUS, Twilight Sparkle?
- Rarity, I’m not a fan of all this drama. Didn’t you have character development already? Sloppy, writers, sloppy.
- Also, friends: Friends Help You BS That Essay. You are deficient in your duties as friends. Don’t laugh, don’t dismiss it! Help!
- I LOVE TWILIGHT’S “CLOCK IS TICKING” FACE!
- “If I can’t find a friendship problem… I’ll make a friendshipproblem!” You see, sweetie? Now you have a problem, a plan, and a solution. Isn’t this much healthier than just obsessing over the problem?
- Twilight swooning over Big Macintosh, andhaving a moment of lucidity? OTP.
- Big Macintosh at the center/on top of a pyramid of female ponies… well, the gender split in town really does favor the female side, doesn’t it? I bet he’d be quite the stud if he weren’t such a gentlehorse.
- Oh, that moment when you have a failing and the voice of God speaks to reprimand you. (Assuming that Celestia and Luna serve as God-Queens who bring the day and night to the land, who over time have merely scaled back the deity-ness for the sake of their subjects.)
- DERPY! HIIIII, DERPY! I luv yooooooo! Also, Big Macintosh took that doll because he wanted something of Twilight’s. Otp.
- Oh hey! It wasn’t the obvious lessons I was pointing out at the beginning, but the one bone I actually had to pick with them that became the friendship lesson! Hey! Writers, that’s really clever! I respect and appreciate you!
- I bet “I’m expecting some mail” is actually code for “I’m hosting a rave, and my favorite song is about to come up.” You know Celestia likes a boy in uniform (SCHOOL UNIFORM!).
- FLUTTERSHY. GOSH, WOMAN. DON’T LOOK AT THE CAMERA. WHAT IS THIS, I DON’T EVEN, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. YOU DO NOT GET TO ADDRESS THE AUDIENCE, SO DON’T EVEN TRY TO PLAY IT OFF LIKE THAT. YOU’RE JUST BEING UNPROFESSIONAL. GOSH, WOMAN, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. I HOPE WE DON’T HAVE TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION AGAIN. GAH! FREAKING UNPROFESSIONAL…
** I’m going to make a fantastic teacher. But I think I’ll get in trouble if I say “BS” in the classroom…
Blogging MLP: Season 2 Episode 2
- Is it wrong just how much I’m loving CruelShy? She’s just so spiteful and seems to enjoy it so much. And Rarity is amusing as well. But I seriously just want to push Applejack out into the rain and give Pinkie Pie a big hug and tell her “I don’t think it’s funny either.”
- I loved Sarcastic Twilight when she was all fed up with everybody. “Necklace, necklace, necklace, necklace, big crown thingie […] Congratulations, you’re the new Rainbow Dash.”
- Aw, Discord just wants a Queen of Chaos to share his enjoyment of the New World Order with. RESTORE PINKIE PIE! (Okay, so she couldbe capable of singlehandedly toppling your regime, but she’d make a WAY better BFF than Twilight Sparkle! And I still ship you with Celestia. But she’s be an icy Persephone-like queen, so not your BFF in charge of Chaos Appreciation.)
- POOR ABUSED SPIKE! But I do like the plotpoint of “Excuse me, but HHHAAAYYYLLLL NAH” (If there’s Discord about, I can dig Celestia sounding like that) “What about every f*****g thing you’ve learned up to this point? Every shoehorned, stretched, or obvious lesson about friendship we’ve tacked onto the end of every
episode adventure? I will send you my backlog of mail until you fix this s***. Deuces, Celestia out.”
- BIG MACINTOSH AND TWILIGHT SPARKLE NOW HAVE A CANON KISS. I WILL SHIP THIS TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.
- Rarity: “Let us never speak of this again.” I love that pretentious B.
- Pinkie Pie: All about priorities. First you get your last taste of chocolate rain, then you go pit-bull growling at Discord. That’s my girl.
- You know what? I’m finding it easier and easier to like Twilight Sparkle.