Blogging MLP: Season 2 Episode 13
- Pre-image was of Pinkie Pie. Gosh I hope this is a Pinkie episode.
- I like Nurse Hardnose.
- …Gosh. I bet that the internet already incest ships the little twin cake ponies.
- It’s amazing how he can change diapers without thumbs! OR fingers!
- I love how Angel is like a demanding, clingy boyfriend. If there is any threat to Big MacxFluttershy (other than a canon kiss with Twilight Sparkle or being shipped with Cheerilee in the Valentine’s Episode), it’s Angel.
- Shannon Chan Kent voices Pinkie Pie, both talking and singing. Shannon Chan Kent voiced Misa Amane in Death Note. I need to hear Pinkie’s songs coming out of Misa’s face.
- Teach those babies how to nom, Pinkie! Nom nom nom nom nom!
- Of all the things to make me so glad I don’t intend to be a mother anytime soon, watching Pinkie deal with babies is one of them.
- Responsible Pinkie is a sympathetic Pinkie, but not nearly as fun.
- You’re putting them down to nap without their diapers. Well, I guess you won’t be the one washing the sheets…
- Pumpkin just wants to eat all of the things, bless her heart.
- DUCT TAPE FIXES EVERYTHING!
- DUCT TAPE, WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED PINKIE?
- Aw… That flour thing was actually pretty sweet.
- D’awwww… manipulative little darlings!
Blogging MLP: Season 2 Episode 9
- Yep. Still hate Rarity. *sigh* But she’s probably going to redeem herself somehow during the course of this episode, and that luxury will somewhat be taken away from me. And I can sympathize somewhat with the “OH GOSH THE LUXURY OF MY GRACIOUS HOST SOOOOO THANKFUL!” Don’t push it.
- Hmm. On one hand, I have that Krillin jpeg just ready to go on a b-word tirade against her for snobbery, but on the other hand it’s sad to think of some less-than-desirable company (we’ve all had that less-than-desirable company at one point or another) ruin what could have been a nice conversation. And the tears… Wait, don’t trust the tears! This is the “WORST POSSIBLE THING” pony we’re talking about here.
- You know how with those Pony Creator things you’ll play around with proportions of head-to-neck-to-body-to-legs? That’s what I’m getting from Pink Hair. “We want the so-skinny-it’s-probably-not-healthy look, but not too so-skinny-it’s-probably-not-healthy. …PERFECT!”
- OKAY I LOVE PINK HAIR. She’s like Lauren Lopez with how in every shot she’s posed differently leaning on whoever that blue haired pony is (but more fashion-model-pose-y, less falling-all-over-the-floor-y). She’s just a fantastic background event.
- Also, she comes with Revlon Wind.
- I like the Pros and Cons list, and I can understand the choice she made with no irony or malice. But I can dislike her for the girlish fangirling scream she gave not five seconds later. It makes her seem false and completely selfish.
- Points in Rarity’s favor: Disagreeing with popular opinion. Having an informed opinion. Enjoying the race without restraint.
- Points against Rarity: Lying. Lying about your friend. Lying for the sake of name-dropping. Lying so you wouldn’t have to mention your home town. (And I can even understand that—since people seem to believe you come from the Sticks, you want not to associate you with Hickville. But you can honestly say “Rainbow Dash is a great friend of mine who have been a devotee of the Wonder Bolts pretty much all her life.” You get to talk about friendship, avoid your hometown, and “devotee” is pretentious. Winning. Lying is losing.
- There, there, sweetie. It’s not like you need to sleep. You attend all the events that your newfound popularity obligate you to, and then work like a demon at night!
- Gosh I loved “Art of the Dress.” Also, that was when I still liked Rarity. I’m not liking the way this song starts. Okay, now that the singing has started I’m fine with the singing (but her affectation/accent does completely disappear when she sings—bad form). Ooh! I like Rarity’s pretentious black turtleneck and red beret, but mainly because her hair is down. Cute outfit. I’d like to see more of it. And now the outfits are overdone and she’s only singing her own adulation. RARITY. WHY YOU MAKE IT SO HARD TO LIKE YOU. I liked you first season. There was more to you then. (I SAW YOU THERE, DERPY! I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU TO BE CANTERLOT QUALITY! Also, nice Sherlock Holmes hat!)
- Moving right along. Also, Rarity’s botched date from The Grand Galloping Gala is there at the end of the song. Makes sense. He is the
Queen’s Princess’s nephew or some such. And I guess she got over that whole deal, since he’s standing with Rarity as she christens a ship. Do I smell fanfic? I believe I do. OH, AND YOU JUST HAD TO CLOSE ON HER FALLING ASLEEP WHILE TRYING TO WORK ON THE DRESS, DIDN’T YOU? You just had to make me dislike her, and then close on her trying to be a good friend, but run up against her limits. Also, it was adorable that the cat was patting the sketch like “Hello, priorities—I’m a cat and even I know that.”
- Rarity. You know the Princess. If name-dropping her once got you into society this time, why won’t name-dropping her again get you backin? Oh, right, we need drama, that’s why.
- MORE LYING. MORE MELODRAMA. GOSH YOU MAKE IT EASY TO DISLIKE YOU.
- “What do you think—to much?” *cat licks privates in response* Opalescence, I like you.
- BOOM, B!TCH. FRIENDSHIP. Eat that.
- Twilight: Way to think of your friends.
Pinkie Pie: Way to be you, but you can be MORE you, I know it.
Apple Jack: Way to… have a line.
Rainbow Dash: Way to be the suspicious one!
Fluttershy: Way to care about the welfare of that animal!
Rarity: Wet cat jokes will never not be funny to me. LOOKIT HOW FUNNY THAT WET CAT IS! But I still dislike you and your lying ways.
- PARTY CANNON! WAY TO GO, PINKIE! PINKIE PIE THAT PLACE UP!
- Piñata free-for-all? With sticks waving everywhere? I like it.
- Twilight understands your angling for business dealings (the way you shouldhave understood this entire popularity venture) and congratulates you. You will never have better friends. And this is her freaking birthday. Weep for thankfulness, Rarity, weep for thankfulness.
- Oh, Rainbow Dash, you party crasher you. And Pinkie’s wheeling her cannon with her.
- RARITY. YOU HAVE MAGIC. YOU MAGICALLY LIFT THINGS. ALL. THE. TIME. WHY IS THE BELLHOP CARRYING THINGS. WHAT. ARE. YOU. EVEN. DOING.
- I really hope that this lesson to keep in mind one’s friends and background doesn’t just fall by the wayside. DON’T FORGET YOUR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.